I’ve heard different theories on this.
A lot of people said you should eat at least 30 minutes before your workout so you have energy during it and so you’re fueled. However, I’ve seen many posts of people saying you shouldn’t eat before your cardio because if you don’t eat, Your body will use your fat for energy and burn that instead of the food you just ate.
I’ve also heard people debate weather that applies to light cardio and intense cardio.
I try and do intense cardio, But I’d be so flushed if I didn’t eat!
Back in December I kept seeing everyone write on their status “My new years resolution is to lose weight!” and now I’m seeing status updates saying “I know what I’m doing this summer… Losing weight!”
WHY WAIT UNTIL SUMMER!?!?
Why don’t you start now!?
6 weeks from now you’ll be wishing you started 6 weeks ago.
Why do we a special event to happen to lose weight and better ourselves?
Are we not worth it in this moment in time?
STOP THE PROCRASTINATION!
- To be able to walk up/down a flight of stairs without having to stop and catch my breath, Pull up my pants or have to hold my boobs.
- So I can actually shop at REGULAR department stores and not be FORCED to shop at “plus sized stores” which are 3x’s as expensive and so I can wear what I LIKE, Not just what fits.
- To be healthy.
- Be able to eat in public without obsessing about what others are thinking. “Why is she eating a salad? It’s not making a difference.” “Dang, Why is she eating a burger? She’s already big enough.”
- To reduce my blood pressure and quit having to hear my doctor preach to me able losing weight.
- So I don’t having to keep avoiding lawn chairs, Theme parks, Dressing rooms and activities that involve swimwear.
- So I can get into my car without my stomach rubbing against the steering wheel.
- So when I go to sit down my couch isn’t thinking “Omg! I gotta brace myself! *sits* “….Mother of Hitler! I can’t breath!”
- To stop being the punch line to over weight jokes.
- So I can feel comfortable enough to take pictures w/ my family and friends and not freak out when I’m tagged in a picture. To stop editing all of my own pictures before I upload them somewhere.
- So I can stop feeling like a beached whale when all my skinny friends are like “Omg, I’m so fat!”
- So I can feel accomplished about something in my life. I have no trophies or awards. The only “awards” I have are from 6th grade for having A/B honor roll or something, I was like 10.
Ifwhen I reach my UGW I can say I’ve lost 130 pounds! Not only that, But got FIT as well.
- To be someone’s fitspiration and motivation and to have a successful before and after.
- To feel comfortable telling people my weight.
- So I can say I USED to be fat.
- So when I offer someone weight loss advice they don’t think “She’s fat, Why is she telling ME how to lose weight.”
- So I can feel beautiful for once in my life and not cry whenever I look in a mirror.
- Eventually, So I can be able to keep up w/ my kids and know my husband is attracted to me- Not just settling for me.
- So my back will quit hurting.
- So when I look down I see my FEET not my STOMACH.
- NO MORE SIDE BOOBS.
- So my stretch marks will fade.
- So I can cross my legs.
- So my hair cut is flattering.
- To be strong.
- So I can wear skinny jeans without being an oxy moron.
- To avoid getting fatter and fatter as I get older so I can reduce the risk of joint trouble, Diabetes and heart failure.
- To quit feeling intimidated whenever I walk past a group of guys or a group of thin girls.
- Because my body doesn’t stop moving until 30 seconds after I do.
- So my legs will quit having to walk around each other. So they’ll quit chaffing and stop wearing out the crotch of my jeans.
- To stop wearing black hoodies in 98 degree weather to hide my fat rolls.
- To stop sweating so much.
- So I can quit sucking in.
- So I can actually accept a compliment without thinking people are just trying to be nice.
- To stop being “the fat friend”. Or so when I’m w/ one of my thinner friends people don’t call us “tooth pick and marshmallow”.
- To be confident enough to get a tattoo on my back, side or thigh.
- So I can sit in someone’s lap without crushing them.
- So I can fit into sexy undies instead of my underwear looking like an arm rest cover to a Lazy Boy recliner.
- By getting fit, I would at least have a hobby, I would be known for something. All I used to do was sit on my couch watching telly or spend forever on Facebook and tumblr.
- Because working out literally just makes you feel good.
- So I can say “I did it” as opposed to “I quit”.
- To stop wearing spanx (lol)
- So people will stop “trying to make me feel better” when they say “You’re not fat, You’re just kind of…. fluffy.” or “Oh, You’re not THAT big.”
- So I’m not embarrassed to show people my drivers license.
- To be confident enough to meet people and go out and have fun instead of being a home body.
- Because my weight is what I’m MOST self conscious about and if I took care of that, I would only have to worry about pitty flaws like having acne or needing to pluck my brows.
The list literally goes on and on. Sure, I wouldn’t mind proving my doubters wrong or having a thigh gap or being the “hot ex girlfriend”. And sure, If someone’s jealous of you that’s the biggest compliment, But that’s not WHY I’m losing weight. That’s not my motivation whatsoever. I want this for me, Myself and I. I’m doing this for me, Myself and I. And I won’t stop.